Ponders’ new travel partnership brings luxury AND value
Now you can cruise Europe’s waterways in 2016 in ultimate comfort and luxury! We’ve partnered with the deluxe travel firm, Vantage Travel, to bring you luxury travel experiences and the finest European river cruises at affordable prices, as well as cruises on Asian rivers, small ship sailings and escorted tours, all at exceptional prices.
Don’t miss the launch of Vantage Travel’s brand new “six star” river cruiser, River Voyager, in March 2016 which joins the existing fleet of luxury vessels, including the newly refurbished River Navigator, River Venture, River Splendor and River Discovery II.
Ask us for details of themed river sailings sailings, from art to beer, wine to food, with a cultural twist or opportunity to learn a new skill or come home with memories to last a lifetime. And find out about the best value river cruises in Europe, just call us on 01954 232802 or click here…
Why Vantage Travel offers the ultimate in luxury AND value
On board each ship, you’ll find tastefully styled surroundings, free wi-fi, spacious public areas and staterooms, twice daily maid service, French balconies to optimise cabin space, a rear-facing Captain’s lounge with retractable roof, single cabins for solo travellers, complimentary use of on board bicycles, fitness room and massage studio, and an eco-friendly fleet with quieter, more efficient engines, a more efficient hull design and water and energy saving features.
The new jazz-themed River Voyager (with suites named after Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald or Dizzy Gillespie and a new Blue Note lounge)offers intimate cruising, with now more than 176 guests on board and the best staff to guest ratio in the industry, with better than 1 : 4 staff to guests.
Healthy spa cuisine and lighter menu choices are served buffet style in the Cotton Club Lounge, at the rear of the ship, with incomparable views via floor to ceiling windows. When the weather is fine, the glass roof can be slid to the back wall, to give a full alfresco experience.
As with the other ships, meals are taken in the main dining room, with free seating, in a refined and relaxed atmosphere, with crisp white table linen, fine crystal, Villeroy & Boch dinnerware and silverware, fresh flowers and attentive service. On the new Voyager, the restaurant will be jazz themed and called the Bourbon Street Bistro dining room. Chefs prepare a daily menu of European dishes, as well as a choice of vegetarian or heart-healthy meals, lighter dishes and a salad bar for lunch. Breakfast and lunch are buffet-style, dinner is served with complimentary wine.
Solo travellers have the choice of reserving a single cabin or a choice of two different matching programmes, sharing with other solo travellers, to avoid paying double room rates.
For health conscious guests, lighter and healthier meals can be served, the ships offer a massage studio and fitness suite, a walking / running track on the upper Solaris deck, and on-board bicycles can be used when in port, to cycle along tow-paths or through the many cities and villages accessible from the ship’s mooring points. For less mobile guests, an elevator operates between decks and a chair-lift to the Solaris deck.
VANTAGE TRAVEL “AT A GLANCE”
Features of Vantage’s Deluxe state-of-the-art ship, MS River Voyager
- Double sinks in the bathroom of the Owner’s Suite
- Jacuzzi bath and separate shower in the bathroom of the Owner’s Suite
- Remote controlled curtains in all Deluxe Suites
- Individually-controlled tilt-up mattresses in all Deluxe Suites
- Self-defogging mirrors in the bathrooms of all cabins
- Complimentary Ice cream buffet station available in the Cotton Club Lounge
- Professional Espresso machine in the lounge
- A jazz-themed ship — from The Blue Note Lounge to the musician-named suites
New State-of-the-Art Interactive Features on board
- Video on demand from a vast library of films. Movie list
- Access to international television channels
- Journey tracking, with daily destination highlights, important events, flight information and many other key information from the comfort of the cabin.
- Real time GPS tracking to follow the ship’s progress.
- Ship wide, wireless internet access
The Green Fleet: Environmentally Friendly Ships
Vantage’s new ships are designed to the latest eco-friendly standards.
Energy-efficient Tier 2 engines run quieter, produce less exhaust, and save fuel.
- State-of-the-art water- and energy-saving are employed throughout, including “smart cabin” systems and bright, efficient LED lighting.
- Quieter, more efficient hull designs save fuel and produce less wake.
- Waste treatment and recycling systems comply fully with strict European Union standards. For example, 90% of water used on the ship is cleaned to drinking water quality before being returned to the river.
Services & Amenities
- Free wi-fi throughout the ship
- Early riser breakfast available daily
- Free coffee, tea & hot chocolate available 24 hours a day; cookies and snacks every afternoon
- Fitness room with treadmill, stationary bicycle, free weights, plus walking/jogging track on Solaris deck
- Souvenirs and sundries available
- Playing cards and selection of games available
- Blue Note Lounge serving from noon until last guest retires
- Entertainment on board featuring local performers coming aboard in select ports, plus jukebox filled with nostalgic music hits
- Twice-daily housekeeping service with evening turndown
- Massage Studio on board
- Elevator between Navigator, Explorer, and Odyssey decks, plus hydraulic chairlift to the open-air Solaris deck